Thursday, 15 October 2009

Support Groups

Had a letter from the POOLE diabetes uk support group... tea mornings and skittle evenings wasnt something i had in mind.... If i was a young person with diabetes it would exactly entice me to attend.... one of the most asked questions i see on forums is.. can i meet with others like me... where is the support group... i really does make a difference when you meet up with someone else with diabetes and you realise that your not alone trying to control this condition.... my aim is to create a support group for younger people in my area... if your reading and have an idea please get in touch... feel a bit like a one man band at the mo....

1 comment:

katieinaustralia said...

Hi Lee, Have you ever tried asking your hospital if they would be up for organising a session for younger people? I think it would be a pretty good idea, usually when I go to hospital events everyone is 40+. Unfortunately I have a feeling younger people might be less interested in doing diabetes related things :(