Tuesday, 23 March 2010

New York

Can i just say.... i had written quite a long bit on here.. am in a internet cafe... and i must have pressed something and it wiped off everything... dag nam it!!...
anyway what i was saying is how amazing the service had been over here.. without my wheelchair i would not have been able to have done.. well anything really!!... i have had assistance everywhere i have gone.. and all so genuine... i cant praise the people here enough.... my highlight has been the empire state building!!... the views are well BREATHTAKING.... i cant say anymore than that!!... you have or will see the pics....
This has been another step forward for me inmy life... breaking new barriers and buliding my confidence... knowing i can travel... and use my wheelchair in strange place... i have not used it so much... its been good training for the challenge on the june 19th.... i knwo i will be bale to do it!!!!...
there has been days where i wanted to walk around and have done for a little while.. then regretted it... pride is a big thing....but i am learning for it not to get in my way or run my life.... still taking everyday as it comes though... i have kept very very tight control onmy sugars... trying not to eat too much so i dont make myself bad.... but i have been pleased/proud of myself... it really is a step forward for me.. he says wiping the tear from my eye... those who know me.,.. knew how nervous i was about this trip... and those of you who have followed my blog.. who would have thought i would have been able to do it...
i have missed the ellie and the boys sonj and matt... have just done my shopping so have a few little suprises for them...
And Jo... ;) well you know....x
Dad is ok now after being in so that put my mind at rest before i came...
have lots to do when i get back... raising the profile of THE EVENT!!....

No comments: