Monday, 7 June 2010

3 years on......

Its been quite the rollercoaster..... 3 years of frustration....HELL...i really do finally feel at peace.. and when i say that.. i mean the fact i dont feel alone now.. and by that i dont mean i have been alone.. as my family have been amazing... with my moods... ups and downs and have always been there.... i mean with the fact that i dont feel that i am the only person with this that feels like i do...the documentary has opened so many doors for me and introduced me to some of the most amazing inspirational people i have ever met/spoken to.... its hard to put into words how i feel.. but i have the bounce back in my step... the other day i had a hypo.. went on facebook and got talking to Bec.. her sugars were high ... which to me is just asa bad... we had a bit of banter... took my mind off it... and got me through it.. the depression factor to it being 3am in the morning and me feeling sorry for myself went.. i was not alone... the challenge is coming soon and the support i have received around that has been ...well it has brought a tear to my eye... more than once!...
I have also found a life long friend in Angela Allison... She has helped me in more ways than she will ever know... the wheelchair for the challenge has been down to her and Donald her husband who i owe more than one beer to.... but the understanding...every post.. every email... every chat we have.. its like me talking to the mirror... what she does daily with 5 children.. it amazes me... and puts it all in perspective... we can all take a lesson out of her book... she has started a blog.. if you havent read it yet... do so...smiles and cries guaranteed....

Looking at Angela has also made me realise how much i owe my own Mom to as well.... i have said it before but if it werent for my Mom visiting me everyday, twice a day in hopsital .... well i really dont know what would have happened... sometimes i think i took that for granted as she is my Mom and thats what Moms do.... but not all Moms would have done that... and continue to show me support in ALL that i do... no matter how daft i can be sometimes...

And then there is Jo.......i adore you... your smile... your beauty... your wit....every day is a happy day...(put the crystal ball away you numpty) xxx;)

And to everyone else... every single comment ,, every single email.... every link shared motivates me.... and makes me get up in the morning.. hoping to make a difference to everyone with diabetes now and for the future...(well you gotta aim high i say).....

4 comments:

5 children diabetes, coeliacs and me said...

Oh Lee,

Thank you!, I believe we will all keep other going in the future.xx
Special friends don't come along very often, but I have found you and you are now stuck with me and my brood forever.xxx

Bec said...

What a lovely post - it brought a tear or 2 to my eye!!!!! And thanks for the mention!! :o) You helped me too during my 3am sugar crisis and I feel exactly the same in that since finding the online community I feel part of a litle "family" if you like, and like I'm not alone in coping on a day to day basis!! I'm so glad my other half (Gareth) found your blog and that we have become 'friends' through it and I'm very grateful that you then introduced me to some other fab people (Lady Angela, to name but one - sending much adminration to you - so inspiring). The comments and feedback I've had for my blog from you guys are what keeps me going, as well as reading all the other links, posts, blogs etc. I'm rambling now(as usual) so I'll finish by saying thank you to you for inspiring me to start my blog and try to raise awareness in any small way I can and for encouraging me to carry on fighting my diabetes!!!! You're a star!!! xx

Northerner said...

Great news about the wheelchair Lee! And great to hear that you have found such fantastic, supportive friends - it really does make such a difference to be able to talk with people who 'get it'. Take care of yourself - will be looking out to hear how the challenge goes!

John said...

Lee
Best of luck in the challenge.
No promises but we will try to get over to support the event if we can.
My daughter Kirsty was diagnosed type 1 aged 7 3 years ago.
I and a group of friends all based in Wimborne are riding from London to Paris for JDRF starting this Friday 11th. Wish us luck.
See more at http://www.crusadersagainstdiabetes.org
Cheers
John Jocham