Friday, 25 June 2010

The challenge...

well i have taken a bit of a rest from it all the past week... the day was more than i could have ever imagined it to be....meeting everyone that i had spoken to over the past few months really touched me...and as for meeting my little hero Claudia... well she was every bit as sparkly as i had imagined and more... so much energy and life.... the kids def stole to the show on the day... collecting money on the way.. so so polite in asking nd saying thankyou to everyone who donated.... i think they raised over 300 on teh day... which in little hand held collection buckets is amazing.... my sister decked out the beach hut at the finish and painted everyones face blue... teh family really pulled together Matt walked with me... and took the mazing photos... Mom..(or ET) as Phil called her on the day was on my scooter.. dad was at the end.. Jo was there with a kiss for me...all my friends from Bromley came all the way to see me... i am such a lucky lucky guy.... it really has given me such a boost and real real zest for life and doing so much more... the bbc coverage... JDRF want to work with me... Diabetes Uk came down inteh form of their fundraising director... Andy james.... really lovely man who seemed to be on teh same wavelength as us all.... will be seeing him again... Oh got on fire radio AGAIN lol... that was fab and the local paper covered it too... so the aim was to raise awareness ... and i do believe it was JOB DONE....for that event anyway... here is to the next one....

No comments: